Many people are already using WhatsApp on PC with the help of emulators such as Bluestacks, GenyMotion, Windroy and others, but that are not the legal means to use WhatsApp on Windows PC. As of yesterday January 21, 2015. WhatsApp officially announced the “WhatsApp Web”, which is a web application that can connect your mobile and your windows PC so that you can use WhatsApp on your computer while you are on work without touching the mobile.
To Use WhatsApp on Windows and Mac PC Without Emulator
- Go to the Google Play Store and install the updated version of WhatsApp
- Then open the latest version of WhatsApp which you just installed
- Press the Options button where you should see a link called “WhatsApp Web“
- Click on that, you should now see, a QR Scanner
- Now go to your PC and make sure that you are connected to the internet
- Open Google Chrome Browser and go to the website http://web.whatsapp.com
- You will see, a QR code on this website
- Now take your mobile phone with QR scanner of WhatsApp and scan the code
- Boom, your WhatsApp profile, messages, contacts and media are on your PC
- You can message and chat from your PC only
Also Note that iOS users are not yet included due to Apple platform limitations, which means this web application will not work for iOS users (iPhone/iPad).