A guy I personally know got a USB modem from the UK and the modem was locked to 3, a UK mobile network. On getting to Nigeria here, he found out the modem wouldn’t work with SIM card. The modem prompted for an unlock code and this dude kept guessing till he entered it incorrectly 10 times. He rendered the modem useless and even DC unlocker couldn’t unlock it. I tried all I could but it didn’t work. I decided to try flashing the modem and re-installed the firmware but still, the unlock counter still read 10. Before the modem finally became useable again, Below is the procedure i followed:Hope you have rested your unlock code counter so please do Share/Like this article to your friend and give us support by commenting.
How to Reset the Unlock CounterLike I said earlier, upgrading the firmware did not reset the unlock counter which read 10 out of 10. I had to reset the counter with a software. If you haven’t entered your unlock code 10 times like the guy in question did, you can still do it if you want to unlock your modem, anyway.
- Download Huawei Modem Unlocker Here
- Extract the content and run the .exe file inside
- Click on Refresh. Your modem should be automatically detected so far you checked AUTO CONNECTION under connection mode
- Be sure Auto-Calc Code and Auto-Unlock Modem are both marked
- Click READ MDM DATA
- Now click UNLOCK. This should both unlock your modem and reset the counter at the same time
- Congratulation! Now you’ve successfully reset “permanently locked” of your Huawei modem to 10 times again.
- Lastly, click on Calculate to generate the flash code. You’re gonna be needing it later.
If you enjoyed this post and wish to be informed whenever a new post is published, then make sure you Subscribe to our regular Email Updates!