Am a Nigerian using all the major GSM Networks in my country to surf the internet. However despite the fact that generally the cost of data plans is high, it is even worse for non-blackberry users. I dont know the reasons for this but this is the truth maybe because a blackberry phone is almost completely useless without an active data plan or so. Well all that said and done, i went all out to search for a vpn software for mobile phones having at the back of my mind how well PD-PROXY served me on pc. I eventually found one wonderfully software that served my purpose just the way i wanted it and the name of this software is DroidVPN.
What is DroidVPN?
DroidVPN is a software designed by the developers of the popular pd-proxy to be used to unlock website, hide your identity only and secure your internet connections. Unfortunately this product is presently only available on android phones but am sure due to its success it will cut across other mobile platform soon.
With this wonderful application, you can Unblock regional internet restrictions and browse the web anonymously.
DroidVPN is an easy to use VPN software for android devices. DroidVPN helps users to unblock regional internet restrictions, web filtering, bypass firewalls, and browse the web anonymously by tunneling all your internet traffic from your android device to our servers.
What separates DroidVPN from other VPN Applications?
It can tunnel your traffic through ICMP (IP over ICMP). This means you can browse the internet even if you are only allowed to send ping requests and internet browsing is blocked on your firewall.
For FREE users you can only use Phoenix and LA server.
You need to UPGRADE your account if you want to use all of their servers.
- Gives you unrestricted Speed
- Encrypts your internet traffic
- Unblocks web sites
- Tunnel IP traffic through ICMP or UDP
- Can sometimes connect to paid hotspots for free
- Arizona, US
- California, US
- Utah, US
- Chicago, US
- Amsterdam, NL
- United Kingdom, GB (promised of more servers to be added in the nearest future)
1. Rooted Android Phone
2. Properly installed Superuser application
3. Working tun.ko for your phone. [Download it here] This is not really necessary once you have your android device fully rooted)
4. DroidVPN account. Signup for free here: http://droidvpn.com/signup.php
5. DroidVPN Application [Download it here]
How to Install and Use
1. Enter the email that you used to registered and the password that is sent to you.
See the picture above
2. If you are using a free account make sure to change your server to Phoenix or LA by tapping the flag.
3. Press Connect button.
4. If the “DroidVPN is now connected” message appeared, press the Home button
5. You can now start browsing and all your internet connection will pass through our VPN server.
You can select the server you want to use by clicking the Flag Icon on the upper right corner.
as shown below:
To quickly Start or Stop your vpn connection, add the DroidVPN widget to your home screen for a 1 tap connect vpn.
To change your connection protocol, goto >> Settings >> Connection protocol and choose between udp, tcp and icmp depending on what your ISP allows. the screenshots below explains more of this:
HOW TO USE THIS WITH ALL BLACKBERRY PLANS ON ALL NIGERIA NETWORKS
Good news for my fellow country Android User. This software works with all Blackberry Subscriptions on Glo, Mtn, Airtel and Etisalat So, if you have an android phone and you are in Nigeria then i will advice you to get this application as it will allow you to pay less and enjoy more for your internet browsing. For example, Airtel charges N1,200 for their 1gb Blackberry plan while they charge N1,000 for 200mb for other phones. Glo is N1,400 for blackberry 3gb and 200mb for other phones. MTN is N1,500 for Blackberry Unlimited plan and N1,000 for 200mb for 30days. Etisalat is N1,450 for Blackberry and N1,000 for 200mb on other phones.
From the analysis above you can see that other smartphones are been exploited and this is the correction Droidvpn as come to make.
- To use Droidvpn with MTN, select ICMP as your connection protocol
- With GLO select either UDP or ICMP
- ETISALAT select UDP or ICMP
- Airtel select UDP or ICMP
If your phone is rebooting: http://droidvpn.com/page/phone-reboots-when-connecting-droidvpn-7/
and to kill this application totally you have to use your task manager to do this.
Hope this info helps? feel free to share this post with your friends using the Share/Like buttons. Simply ask any question by using the comment box below.
Never miss any of my future post CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE Once entered, you will have to check your inbox for a confirmation email containing a confirmation link. Once you VERIFY your email by clicking on the confirmation link in the message, you will never miss any future articles.