You may be wondering how possible is it to use your blackberry smartphone as an internet modem to connect and browse with your laptop? Well this post answer that question. Plus more i will also be telling you how you can use your blackberry subscription to browse on your computer. I will take MTN Nigeria network as a case study.
1. Blackberry Desktop Manager (PC Software) [Click here to download]
2. Tether (Blackberry Application) [Click here to download]
3. Make sure you have an Active Blackberry Subscription.
4. Blackberry phone
5. Laptop or Desktop
6. USB Cable
STEPS NEEDED TO MAKE YOUR BIS WORK ON YOUR COMPUTER
1. Install Blackberry Desktop Manager software to your computer.
2. Install Tether Application to your Blackberry phone ( What this App does is to powers your Blackberry for a stable internet connection with your Desktop Manager).
3. Connect your Blackberry Phone to your PC via the USB Cable, Now Open your Blackberry Desktop Manager, Click on “Internet Mobile” this is located at the bottom left. Now provide your normal service provider’s information e.g your APN and the rest, Then Save it.
For MTN the APN, Password and Username are as follows
APN : web.gprs.mtnnigeria.net
PASSWORD : web
USERNAME : web
4. Set your Browser e.g Mozilla, Opera, Chrome and Other Software to No Proxy.
Note: Make Sure you Configure the Tether Appication you Installed on your Phone with the Normal MTN Settings.
Now connect and browse till your subscription expires… That is it!
Feel free to share your comments on what you have gained from this post or any further explanation you need. You can do this using the comment box provided below. Also, don't forget to share this post so that more people can benefit from this great post.
Never miss any of my latest update Click here to subscribe with your email address.